Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A work in progress





So my house is a complete train wreck with working on this kitchen. It will be mostly clean by saturday of course, because I need the spare room. That is where my kitchen "stuff" is mostly stored right now. So the bottom of my cabinets are all in, and by the end of this week I will have all the countertops on. We just decided to go ahead with the Douglas Fir again for the countertops, as I really love them. Good news is that I can re-use most of the old countertops. We will use the same sink, thanks to Jades mom for that, I absolutely love that sink, but I would like a different faucet, which will have to wait. Most of the "finishing" will have to wait until way later, just never enough money. But thats okay. I have decided that instead of a wrought iron hanging pot rack that we will make one out of wood, always an adventure here! I have posted 2 of these pictures before, but the last one is the one that matters. I do love the color of these cabinets, and I think I am going to love the new layout of my kitchen. Tomorrow we will start on the uppers....so exciting! It is such an amazing thing that my husband is so talented in so many arenas, what would I ever do without him?!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of the bottoms! Can't wait to see them all done! Oh, sadness....Clyde got ran over :-( like the day after you left....He was under katie's car and they didn't know and of course he couldn't hear....:-( BTW this is Me, not bob, I didn't have the tie to close hm out and open me up...)

    ReplyDelete