Friday, April 3, 2009

More Snow



This morning I awoke to 5" of new snow, and it is still snowing!  Jade is all excited, really excellent snow for sledding, and he doesn't have to work.  The snow tell sites in Island Park say that the max. snow up there has been 51", and right now even after the melt it is at 49" and it's still snowing up there as well.  Jade will be going up to Island Park with me, I'm sure.  Maybe we'll haul both sleds up and go sledding on sunday.
 I have decided that I'm going to build an arbor for my front yard.  I will put it at the start of my sidewalk.  Jade isn't sure about all that, as I will dig up the grass on either side of the walkway for flower beds.  This whole idea gives me angst, as I will be digging up perfectly good grass.  I'd like to find some type of climbing, flowering perennial to plant on either side of the arbor.  I think that will be the hardest part of the job.  
I bought a little chair, to match my little rocker at the D.I. yesterday.  I now need to paint it, but that will have to wait until it gets warmer I think.  
OMG, I found the most wonderful store full of all kinds of stuff.  It has been on the craigslist forever, and I have wanted to go and visit.  Its called Hidden Treasures, and it's in Shelly.  Usually Jade takes our camera everywhere we go, but not on this trip.  They have like 30,000 square feet of mostly furniture, mostly new "PRIM".  Very expensive I thought, but a ton of great ideas.  They have some older vintage furniture, and some really old stuff, still pretty expensive. It was sooooo much fun to walk around at my leisure and just look(and want).   If ya'll ever come up again, I'll take you to visit.  Bring a camera though. FUN!
By the way Kim, I believe every home should have a red wall.  I LOVE mine, and I was just bored and had a pint of paint, and started painting.  It's my favorite wall! LOL!  I enjoyed all the honest scrap.
Have a great weekend ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Glad for the new snow for Jade.......The store sounds fun and I would very much like to go there.(if we ever come again....what a nerd!)
    SOunds fun about the chair. Don't need the wig............LOL ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow. Yuck. The arbor sounds cool. I love arbors. The store sounds fun too. Enjoy your big kid sleds. love ya

    ReplyDelete