Thursday, April 23, 2009






So I went and bought 3 base cabinets today, and thought that we would be able to get them in, but NO! The tile we once had on our countertops was horribly done and took only months for it to start coming apart. So it was replaced with nice homemade wood ones. There was however, a 6X6" tile back splash that we opted to leave up, as it wasn't hurting anything. But now, as the time is here to be putting our new cabinets in, the old back splash needs to go. Unlike their counterparts, the countertop, these tiles were in place and VERY secure! So as a result we now have to patch up the wall with new drywall. Can't anything ever do just as planned? I had opted out of doing the walls the way I wanted them, but now with all this extra work, I am thinking of just doing it. So to the cabinet shop tomorrow for the rest of the cabinets for the base, and then to Wal-Mart for paint, and the hardware store for sheet rock, tape, and mud! Now the problem becomes what color exactly do I want on my walls....this will keep me up all night thinking. I need to keep in my head that it is just paint, and if I don't like it, I can always paint over it! So the pictures are right after I decided how I wanted my kitchen laid out, then the other ones are of work in progress. The picture of the cabinets are the ones I am going to buy to put up top.

3 comments:

  1. yea no kidding, why doesn't it ever just work out. Like when we were fixing our house and found out most of the rooms didn't even have insullation. I wanted to scream. Go figure. But now we have nice insullated rooms. Your kitchen is going to be sooooooooooo grrrrrrrrrreat when its finished. love katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I agree with kJ...and nothing ever goes as planned. even replacing a door turns into an all day project! lol so what color did you decide to paint? and you are replacing your entire cupboards right? ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yea, i forgot to tell you, you can go to heather's blog from my side bar...oh my bad, i will email you the address along with a bunch of cousin's email address...:-)

    ReplyDelete