Thursday, November 5, 2009

WORK, WORK, WORK!

How does the old saying go? There is no rest for the wicked? I certainly don't feel like I've been wicked, but am not getting enough rest. How does a restaurant that has only been open for 2 weeks, under new management, have so many problems? The answer to that? Keeping old employees, thats my guess. UGH! I have one cook that perpetuates the misgivings that a cook is only there to cook, and resents me dreadfully because I was made the kitchen manager, and not him. I want him gone, and another cook hired in his place. But, it won't happen soon, inside issues with the new owners. Is it in my blood, that I pick places to work that are completely dysfunctional? GOSH! We have good bones, all the rest of us, and I believe once the wrinkles are ironed out, we will have an amazing business, and all the employees will get along. Look at me, talking like it's my joint...hahaha! The bar will be open within this week or next, and the kitchen business will pick up immensely, and the kitchen not running good is not okay with me. How sad would it be, to fire someone because they can't label and date stuff? I would be very upset if I lost my job because my boss had to tell me like 100 times to date and label. How does that write on a resume? Anyways, I also haven't had much time to do any amount of baking either, so no fresh bread. Right now, things are tight for them, so they can't hire another cook, or even a prep cook, so I am having to work the line, and the baking falls along the wayside. HOPEFULLY when the bar opens, I can spend less time on the line, which would give me more time to bake. Hire a new kid, let an old one go, and have a well oiled machine.....Wish me luck, and pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have a headache to me! Sorry.
    Good Luck and all of that.
    I do pray for you.....
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete