Monday, November 23, 2009

My Molten Lava Cake


We had a chocolate molten lava cake at the lodge for dessert, and I would spend my money on these suckers, at least twice a week. WE LOVE THEM! Four scoops of ice cream, one of these little cakes, and you have the perfect dessert for 2. So, becuase I was spending money on them, and I really liked them, I figured, well, I can make these. So here are mine. I use a cake mix, and I used little angle food cake pans. I let them cool, then of course, decorated them with ganache, then made a thicker ganache, let it cool, then piped it into the middle of my cakes. You freeze these little babies, then nuke them for 35 seconds, then serve with ice cream. YUMMY! The Chocolate Overload cake is from Jack in the Box, no molten lava gushing out of it, when you spoon into it, but still good.
And this one is From Chilis, it is good as well.
Not too bad for a small town Idaho girl......

No comments:

Post a Comment