Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh My!

Yes, yes, yes, this post is once again, about WORK! Good things first: I was asked today, to become the kitchen manager. I of course, said yes, then had all kinds of angst. The new job, does come with a raise, just a tiny one. Bad things: I believe that at least two people will quit, when I take over. No one is really in charge now, the owners anyway, but that isn't enough. The owners will have an employee meeting, and tell everyone there, that I am now the kitchen manager, and what I say goes. Wahoo! No, really! Now I am going to really have to work on my people skills, and there are a few things in the kitchen that I will change of course. Where to start is really going to be the problem. There are already so many things that need to change...Gosh, what an undertaking. I am excited, and very, very, nervous all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My is right!!!!1 I am sooooo many post behind!!!! how did this happen????? first things first... congrats on the step up. managment has it's ups and downs as you are so fully aware of.
    Good for you!!!!!
    i guess i have been cleaning house......ya, and you know what kind of a mess this is...lol then after it was sorta of clean i had to bask in the cleanleness of it, and then i have a huge up keep to try and keep it sort of clean, so there ya go, that's how i have missed four posts!
    congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete