Monday, October 19, 2009

Baking


I have been putting off making a pie for Irvin, that I promised I'd make for his birthday way back when, and his birthday was October 8th? Anyways I was sick with the swine flu LOL! Sick with something anyways, and didn't want to bake. So now, here it is, almost a month later and finally, I have gotten around to his pie. PEACH! He loves them peaches. So I made a great gob of filling, and made 2 pies, and some tarts for myself. Irvin will get one pie, and one for my friend Cindy and her husband, who always invite us over for dinner (yummy baby back ribs). The pies look so good, and Jade just doesn't like peach, thats why I made myself some little tarts. My house smells so tantalizingly wonderful, and I don't want to leave to deliver pies to anyone. I just wanna bask in the aroma that is freshly baked peach pie. HE HE HE HE! While I am on the subject of baking, I came across this recipe for CROCKPOT cake.....yes you heard me, crockpot cake. I need to run to the store....same issue as above, don't wanna leave my house, to get some eggs before I can actually try the cake, but it promises to be decadent, as it is a triple chocolate cake....I am gonna work on making it a quadruple chocolate cake, cuz ya'll know how much I love that ganache......recipe for the cake maybe tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment: