Saturday, October 24, 2009

Straw Maze

Yesterday was my very first day of work. I am only going to be working about 5 hours a day 5 days a week, which is just fine by me. I busted out dinner rolls, buttermilk biscuits, coconut cream pie, lemon cream pie (no meringue), and an apple pie. Now the cream pies were the real custard cream pies, um yummy! I had, however, forgotten, what a tragedy the kitchen setup at the Horseshoe is. It is barely set up to be a cook kitchen, but is not, in anyway, set up to be a bakery. What a train wreck. I was running all over that place. The end result, was beautiful dinner rolls, wonderfully flakey and yummy biscuits, an ugly apple pie (the ugliest one I've ever made), and two very yummy cream pies. The deal was that I would cook and bake on my shift, but am not sure now, if that is going to be a possibility. Right now, the place just isn't set up for that kind of action. But, we'll see.
Last night we went to the Straw Maze in Salem. We took another couple with us, and they were KER-SWANKED, and couldn't find their way to the end, either time. Came back out of the start, twice! HA HA! Jade and I made it through twice. We had never been through any kind of maze, and the whole time we were in it, I was like, this is how the mice must feel. LOL! it rained the whole time, but we were properly dressed for it GORE-TEX! It really didn't look as big as it turned out being, and it took us about half hour to get through. We did have fun though, and Jade actually got a "spook" from one of the spooks they have running around the maze. Maybe next friday we will goto the Haunted Forest in Tetonia.


No comments:

Post a Comment