Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 8th, 2009





Today is such a bad day up here, the wind is blowing, and it is cold.  I think we are going to drive down the mountain though, Jade wants to.
Yesterday Jade and I went on a little jaunt on the sleds.  The weather was not indicative to a ride, but I talked my boss into letting me off work, so we could ride.  We went to this out of the way place called The Meadow Creek Lodge.  I say out of the way, as in the summer it has almost no business, but in the winter, the place is packed.  They are only open 5 days a week for only 8 hours, and only serve burgers, which are sub par by any standards, and very good homemade fries.  However, they are just off of the Two Top Loop trail which is the main trail to and from West Yellowstone, and the only place in between that serves food.  LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!  I believe that now, more than ever.  I'll have pictures of the joint whenever we get back down the hill.  I have no cable for my camera so I have to dock it to get the pictures off.  The place was quite "homey" and reminded me of the lodge on the river, though I'm not sure why as it looked nothing like it.  After that we rode across Henrys Lake Flats, and it was snowing and blowing and visibility was not good.  Then we got back into the woods and went to The Pines and ate dinner.  We had Black and Blue Ribeyes, and loaded mashed potatoes.  YUMMY!  By the time we got out of there, the snow had let up a bit, and it was dark.  How fun it was for me to ride a sled in the dark.  You can see really, really good at night.  Who knew?  I wish ya'll would come up and visit, it really is a neat place to live , and work, but best of all to play.  I almost get what the draw has been for my husband his whole life, almost.  Chow for now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so slow! Yeah I know, in more ways than one.Sounds like a fun ride. We watched all of Jade's movies. (The boys and Kassie and I) The twiners loved them best! Home is home, when you write your name in the soil...(Jade must have done that...) (Sarah plain and tall)LOL ♥ ya. Mean it.
    glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete