Monday, March 1, 2010

It seems I have been working so much lately, but last year I worked twice the hours in two weeks as I worked these last two weeks. Yesterday I didn't have to work and so Jade and I went out snowmobiling. It's been beautiful here, high 40's and sunny. That of course affects the snow.....makes it heavy, sticky, and very hard for me to "learn" how to carve. So my body this moring is hurting all over. I had taken my coat liner out, and helmet off, because I was working so hard. So this picture is for those of you who have seen that picture of me when I was 5? of me trying to open a bag of Doritos, all by myself. I don't remember the picture being taken, but have been told that I wanted to do it all by myself. The concentration on my face, and it being all serious etc. Well if you look closely at my face in this picture, I'm sure you'll find that same face! Even though it doesn't look as if carving is a big deal, and to some people it isn't. But, there is a fine line between having that snowmobile up on one ski, and you being thrown off into the snow because you lost your balance. Now while being thrown off into the snow really isn't a big deal, it kind of hurts the ego, and the trek back to the sled is sometimes arduous. For those of you who have seen Jade carve, or anyone else that good, the sled is completely on it's side, with the one ski clean up in the air. I haven't done that yet, and if I have it's been an accident and was surely bucked off the sled just after. LOL!

I did, however, get the sled stuck, and Jade came to dig me out. This was before we even got up the mountain to play. The snow never really looks as deep as it really is...I was stuck in about 3 feet. Leave it to me. I also tipped it over once but that isn't a big deal.

Anyways back up the mountain today and will probably stay for a few as I think, I think, I have to work til wednesday. I cant wait til spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment