Monday, March 8, 2010

Pool (Billiards)


The ladies pool season has mostly wound down. This year we have played for 6 months, the longest ever. This week is a "breathing" week before we start our couples tournament. Thursday the 18th of March is the first day of the play offs, then the winners progress to saturday to finish. In the 7 years I have been playing pool on leagues we've never played tournaments in 2 days, we've always played ALL day! Let me tell you, starting at 8am and playing until 1am is a trying day, both mentally and physically. Misty, who is my partner, and I have finished 1st, 6 out of the 7 years we've been partners, and this year it'll be 4 years in a row, if we win. HOWEVER, this year, for some reason, there has been a bounty of new players join the league, and they are mostly really good. So this year, there will be more competition, than in previous years. Every couple is gunning for us this year, more so then in previous years, so it is bound to be a good time. Misty thrives on the challenge, and is the best shot in the womans league. LUCKY FOR ME! Now, with all this being said, this isn't just about a trophy and bragging rights, there is a payoff. Last year it was around $200 bucks a piece, plus there is a payoff for team of the year which my team has won for the last 8 years this year included, and that is $60 bucks a piece. So all together last year my payoff was $260 bucks. It really isn't a lot of money, but considering I get that just for winning pool games, I think it's awesome. Anyways, this year I want to win, because I'm not going to play full time next year.....tooooooo much drama! I will sub though. I am going up to Ashton this week, which is where we start the tournament, to practice with my hubby who is an amazing shot. I will be asking questions of him, and hopefully learning a ton, while in the process learning the table. RACK EM!

No comments:

Post a Comment