Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's snowing on my blog, how cool is that! I just watched Julie&Julia....LOVED it. I watched Julia Childs on tv when I was young, along with Yan Can Cook! HAHAHA! That was when we just had basic cable. I didn't appreciate her when I was 12 years old, didn't think she was a very good cook. Oh my heck though, now, I have such a better understanding, and can appreciate her.
We are having a movie fest at our house tonight, that doesn't include any christmas movies. I know, I know! But we don't goto movies all that often, we wait for them to come on dvd...saves money, and you have the comfort of your own home. So tonight is movie night. We are, however, having what is sure to be a SCRUMPTIOUS dinner....which will be Slow Roasted Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, Green Salad, Mixed veggies, and for desert we will be having Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes with Vanilla Ice Cream YUMMY, huh?! I have this recipe for a prime rib rub, but it is more like a crust if it's done right. Oh my, makes the prime rib very flavorful.....the very best thing about this dinner is the cost of the prime was only $3.88 a pound. How cooly cheap was that. I was able to buy more, 5 lbs. We'll only eat about 2 lbs, and can food savor the rest and have prime rib another time. Dinner for 2 for 3 days, at later dates of course. And if the prime is cooked about rare or just a tick under, then it can be warmed in the Au Jus to medium rare and be just like it was the first time. AAAHHHHH! I love FOOD! I will also be going to the DI to get myself a wide belt! Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. Love the snow! We are having prime rib for dinner at Brandon's parents! So while I eat mine I will think of you eating yours! I got julie and julia from red box today! I guess great minds think alike! I saw it in the theatre and really liked it! Hope you guys have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Love ya ton's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! We had home made chicken noodle soup, made with home canned chicken and homemade noodles! Fresh baked bread! Yummy.
    Like the snow on your blog. Didn't care too much for julie and julia. Not sure why.
    Watch for a pkg in the mail....well, next week...ish! LOL Love ya.
    (I am going to watch a movie tho, White Christmas!) :0

    ReplyDelete