Monday, August 31, 2009



This year as our summer slips away, and the leaves start turning colors, I am excited for winter. I can't remember the last time I was as excited for the snow to fly. My oldest sister and ALL her family pack up and head to Fort Bridger Wyoming for the largest mountain man rendezvous this side of the mississippi. It really is a sight to behold, and so much fun. SIGH!
I will be moving my other sister down to my moms house on thursday, driving back on friday then heading up to Kilgore to camp with a bunch of our friends. This is the first time I will be camping this year, but not the last. We are gonna borrow dads camp trailer. One of the most fun things that happens for me in the fall, besides my birthday, is the Sage Hen 500. Even though I am a snob about who I spend my time with at this gathering, and most times just hide out in the camper (because it's raining) I love the time spent hunting the sage hen. September 19th is the opening day of the sage hen season in our area. Everyone hauls their campers, tents, and sometimes just a car, truck, or a sleeping bag out to sand creek starting on that wednesday sometimes, and by friday night the place is packed. Saturday morning everyone gets into their rigs (just like the daytona 500, hence the name) and heads out to get their birds. The limit of birds is two per person and USUALLY everyone gets their limit and they goto to Kelly (he is so awesome) who cooks them that night at a pot luck dinner the whole camp site is invited to. Everyone brings a dish, and there is tons, and I means tons of food! We play cards, go fishing, or just sit around talking. It is one of my favorite times in the year, as Jade and I spend so much time out driving around, talking, shooting, and sometimes killing a bird or two. Even though I would LOVE to move down to where my sister lives, if I could get Jade to move(when hell freezes over), we would have to come back up this country for the sage hen 500, and probably to snowmobile. Which brings me to why I am excited for snow. Last year I was working in Island Park and we went snowmobiling quite a bit, for me anyways. I learned a few things that I didn't know (love that), and am eager to learn more this winter. Jade is a good teacher, and very patient when it comes to me. It was fun, and snowmobiling has never been fun for me. So let it snow!
The garage sale I had this weekend was a big success. On friday, after most of the shoppers were done, and the day was slipping into evening, our cat came to hang out. He just really makes himself comfortable where ever he wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment