Monday, August 3, 2009

Tanning


Okay, so I love to do new and exciting things. I have a ton of "projects" that I have started, but never finished. I am not a closer. So today on my list of things to do is to run to Alta, WY to look at, and possibly bring home hardwood floors. They are free for the taking, and how could I not drive a little to end up with wonderful free hardwood floors? Jade has lots of reasons, one being he doesn't want hardwood, but I digress. The one project that I started then had to work the weekend at the lodge, is tanning 4 rabbit hides. David gave me the idea of alum tanning, and by doing a little research on the web, have decided it's the cheapest, and easiest way to tan these little hides, so thanks David. Anyways they are soaking, and I need to get them out of their bucket to scrape all the "ick" off them. I know this part of the task isn't going to be easy, so I am putting it off until I can't any longer. Today, right now, after blogging, the priority is hardwood, then I can come home and scrape the skins. Jade is also wanting to goto Lagoon this weekend, he is such a little kid at heart. So here is a picture of step one of the tanning process, the soaking of the hides.

1 comment:

  1. SO, how are they coming along? Lagoon? you can have it!!! :-) ( I guess that makes me an "old kid" at heart huh) Have fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete