Tuesday, August 11, 2009




My sister wrote about not having any panache.....then, reconsidering, decided she had some. It makes me laugh, because I think that she has always had panache, and like some of my sisters-in-laws, will always have it. Me on the other hand, hum, LOL! I am sure everyone has a little panache at times, but really, who wants to have it all the time? You become predictable and boring. Right? Anyways on to bigger and better things, like huckleberries. Jade and I went up to Tetonia with his sister sunday afternoon and picked for about an hour and a half and came home with 1/2 gallon. Not too bad, and so I'm making the journey again today, and hopefully will pick for hours this time. I plan on selling jam this winter up in I.P. although I have been offered a job at the Horseshoe in town, and plan to take it, so I'm not sure how that all will work out. I have been working at the job I quit 2 days a week and occasionally one weekend night. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra cash, does it? But that will all stop once I start working at the shoe. Right now it will only be 24 hours a week, hopefully not weekends, cuz there's so much summer still left. I also plan on freezing some huckleberries so Jade can have himself a milkshake whenever his heart desires, and pancakes, waffles, and syrup. I guess I could go on for days about what I could do with the berries. I just need to get with it and pick.
So, after I went and spent all that time pulling up that hardwood flooring, Jade decided it was going to be WAY too much work to actually put them in. "What do I have to do, to make you not want those floors?" Jade said. "Buy me what I really want" I says.......so, I will have laminate slate flooring in my kitchen! From the first time I saw it, I loved it. I actually saw a whole kitchen done in real slate the color I wanted, and it was just beautiful, but, too much work for us. The laminate will do me just fine.
My hides are still soaking...very excited about that, still. Jade built shelves in the niche in our bedroom, and we have put our shoes on them, out of the way, and behind a curtain. I love that. I guess nothing else is new. Have a great day....oh and happy birthday to the twins G and T, your Auntie Annie and Uncle Jade love you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the floor. I'm soooo glad you moved the fridge and stove. Baby A and B had a fun birthday party. They are getting a tree house built by mom and dad...with a zip line...and maybe a fireman's pole! Fun huh. Love love love huckleberry anything! ( well, wait, I am not a huge fan of huckleberry fudge ) way too....I don't know....sweet? for lack of a better word. Mercy

    ReplyDelete