Sunday, August 16, 2009

Not much to post on today, but will tell you all of a new experience I had last night. I talked Jade into going with me to visit his sisters "firewood" camp last night. There were rumors of huckleberries to be picked, and I wanted to go. Anyways, it was raining and cold so I picked just a cup of berries before my hands were numb. The new experience was her husband cooked the best rib eye steaks on the coals of their fire. Who knew? Just put them right on the coals. He said to me, how do you think the indians did it. I'm sure I have read about how the indians did it, but was not at all convinced it would be good?! They just didn't have all the options we have now days, but let me tell you, it was "mag"! No burnt taste at all. Now I had heard that he cooked this way before, the kids just love it and think there's nothing better, and I must agree. Who needs a grill, or a pan.......
I a going to see if my rabbit skins are ready yet. The way to check they say is to boil a small piece of the hide in water, and if it curls, then it needs more soaking, if not, time to let it dry till damp, then begin "stretching" them. we'll see.
Also by the hits on my blog, I apparently need to blog about food, it is my passion. The chocolate mug cake is fast, fun and easy. I'm not sure I have a ton of those kinds of recipes. It never hurts to try I guess.
Ta Ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. NOW, that is my kind of cooking! I could really go for that!!!! and the best part? no dishes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was cold! haha but I love picking berries.

    There will be a BETTER weekend sometime. We will all have a much better time than we wouldve on friday :)

    ReplyDelete