Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The fruits of our labors




Well here I am, back on the huckleberry subject. I thought I was done picking for the season, but my MIL has bought me a huckleberry rake. She won't be over in this neck of the woods until Friday, so it looks as if I must get up saturday morning (ug!) and try it out. I have to date, only a gallon and a half, which to some might be a lot, but to me is just a drop in the bucket. I am very excited though to try out the rake. The huckleberry season is well on it's way to being done. My SIL is the awesome one who has showed me the "fairyland" of picking and I am very grateful. I know it's her husband who has showed her, so thanks! Also I know there are TONS of pickers out there who guard there picking spots with their lives, any of their "picking" spots, but alas, I am not among those. I believe in the old proverb....teach a man to fish and all that jazz. If it wasn't for people like my SIL, I wouldn't have anywhere to go and pick either. I am a gatherer, just like I should be (who said that?). I find it very relaxing, and take great pleasure from it. Even greater pleasure when I have made something from what I have gathered, and shared it. The smiles and oohs and aahs.
I have a topsy turvy that I bought a few years ago and have never used, but this year I got around to it. A few of my tomatoes are almost ready to pick. I have picked one already, and it was very good. I am very excited about this, and I love the topsy turvy. Works really good for me, and was super simple. Enjoy the fruits of your labor this fall, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment