Tuesday, May 4, 2010

POWER!

I wonder how times I've been right in the middle of cooking dinner, and the power goes out! 2 times, this year. Oh my heck! So I had to take my TV to the doctor and couldn't pass up a trip to the D.I. in the BIG city of Idaho Falls. 3 hours later Jade is off work wondering how long I'm going to be. So I pay for my treasures, and think I'm going to rush home. But then I have to pass Rigby, and I know their asparagus is up, so I stop to pick some, yes in gale force winds. I call Jade sometime after I left Idaho Falls and before I left Rigby and ask him to put the meat loaf together please, and pop it in the oven. He complains but does. I come into the house in a whirl of bags and dogs excited to see me, 45 minutes after the meat loaf has been in the oven and instantly start peeling potatoes for mashed potatoes. Then CRASH, BOOM, BAM.....seriously, the power goes out. I have Jade go get my little camp chef, finish cooking the potatoes, make the gravy, and boil a veg. One burner, I'm not really a one burner cook. But it gets done, we pull the meat loaf out of the oven, and it's done perfectly. What a yummy dinner we had, but this whole power going out thing, is getting really old. This year alone it has gone out 5 times, and been out for at least 3 hours. When will I ever be able to move?! Anyways one of my friends that live just around the corner had power and told me I could come over and use her kitchen. I told her I had everything taken care of, just doing a little hillbilly cookin was all....Got to have a sense of humor to live here I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. what was your di treasure?
    I would love it if the power went out and I couldn't cookk! LOL

    ReplyDelete