Thursday, May 13, 2010

Asparagus

Well, it seems we might have a moderately warm day here, without much wind (knocking on wood as we speak), and so I'm off with the dogs to check on the asparagus in my county. I fear the weather has been so bad lately, that I've missed my chances to pick in Rigby. I don't like to pick in the gale force wind I've decided. If it's not up here, I will drive to Rigby and check it out.
So Jades sister Tiera gave me some pepper plants and tomato plants she had started. I waited to repot them until it was a nice-ish day, then the next 2 days were cold, freezing at night, and just miserable. So today they are outside enjoying the sun that I think might not last into mid-afternoon. The tomatoes are on the cookie sheet and there is 4 plants in each peat pot. They peppers, not sure what kind they are even, have 2-3 plants in each little thing. Thats a lot, hopefully I can keep at least a few of them alive. So here they are, and look, a ladybug....that means summer is almost here! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment