Sunday, May 16, 2010

Drag Racing

I have a friend who has had his '69 Nova for YEARS! Anyways, for sometime this car has become his hobby, as he now drag races it. So to say, I'm not a monster truck, tractor pull person, but I loved going to the drag races yesterday. It was a beautiful day here in St. Anthony, finally! The cars were loud, their tires smoking, putting off that stinking burnt rubber smell, but the most exciting thing was that most of the cars were REALLY FAST! The track is only 100 foot, and I guess there are different classes for the different souped up motors, or the stock motors. This snowmobile is in the same class as Garys Nova....I was like really? The little gal that races it is 17 years old....and Garys niece. So, I was like, I could race jades sled....the Vector, just leave it stock, it is a 1000cc after all. So maybe, just maybe, in september I might be racing the Vector in St. Anthony at these drag races. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment