Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TAXES

So yesterday I received the last of my W2's, and e-filed our taxes. I had started the night before, and so it was just a matter of entering my info. The very best part of the whole thing, is that we are getting both federal and state refunds, and all the e-filing and preparing was FREE. Yawhooo! They've both been accepted and we will be getting our refunds direct deposited within 2 weeks. Glad all that nonsense is over with.
I painted the trim in the kitchen, and will be painting the ceiling, and doing touch-ups today. Then I can put my kitchen back together. Once Jade decides to put the floor in though, my kitchen will be a wreck again. So, I wanted to do oil rubbed bronze outlet covers. I found all I needed on the e-bay for under $40, with shipping. Smokin' deal. Then I had this idea......ya every once in a while I'm brilliant......I had bronze spray paint left over from making my pot rack, and so I spray painted my old covers. Ha, didn't cost me another dime, and they look just like the real thing.
I got called into work yesterday, last minute of course. That's okay, I was mostly finished with painting the trim. Anyways, this is a picture of a sunset from right beside the lodge a week or so ago. Isn't it beautiful?

Oh, Ya, I order some baking dishes from QVC. I had been watching Rachel Ray, cuz she had some good guests, and LOVED her dishes. I thought they were plastic, but no, they're stoneware. Anyways I went to her website to look for them, and they were spendy. As I was browsing through the comments I noticed one that said these pots were cheaper on QVC. Ha ha, I got all these piecs for almost the same price she wanted for the covered one. I really wanted the red, but it was back ordered, so I went with the yellow, and am really glad I did. I haven't used these yet, but once my kitchen is back together, I plan on it. Also because of how "pretty" they are I plan on showing them throughout my kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. The river was very pretty!
    I love your dishes. How fun they will be to use. Mom loves your kitchen and DOES want you to come DO HERS!
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete