Saturday, February 6, 2010

So, I HATE, yes I said HATE being on call for work. Officially I'm not really on call, but not being able to plan anything just in case, is the same thing, right? So, my nature is not to plan anything, just in case they call and need me to work. But I am struggling with that because tomorrow is the superbowl, and there are parties to goto...lots of them, and pot luck food to be eaten! Jade says, since no one has officially asked me to be on call, not to worry about and just make plans, then "if" they call, to tell them that I'm busy, so sorry! Thats okay, right?
But on a happier note, Jade has finally got the perfect pet! Durango loves to ride on the 4 wheeler. So now Jade can take him along while he plows snow. Jade calls him the plow dog.

This is now my favorite wall in the kitchen. It has to do with the rounded corner edges. I am planning to make all my sharp corner edges round. Such a small detail I know, but to me it makes a huge difference. So now all we need to do to finish the kitchen, is the backsplashes and the floor...and finish putting the outlet covers on. I can't believe it's almost finished!

Just a note to all my TS shoppers out there....I am having an infatuation with these little crocks. They are not primitive, or even vintage, I think, but I've seen them in a few different colors, almost always the same size though, about 4" I think, as the space between my cupboards and ceilings is only 6 inches. I love them. I paid a dollar for this one at the D.I., and if you come across any in your browsings, I would appreciate it if you would buy them. I am looking for all colors, but in good condition with no chips or cracks. Originally, I think they held cheese? Candles? From the 80's? I will pay you back, of course.

So my superbowl food is going to include spinach dip with my homemade french bread, little smokies, nacho cheese dip, BBQ ribs, hot wings, and potato skins. What else? Any good ideas?

1 comment:

  1. wow I love your pot rack. Someday I will have one (Hopefully)
    I don't get to di very often but i would love to look for you.

    ReplyDelete