Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Catching up

I figured since I was done doing the pile of laundry Jade helped me with, that I would catch up on a few things that I wanted done. I found these little bowls at the D.I. a while back, and quickly sanded them. They have been out in the garage ever since awaiting some paint. There is 3 of them, so I'll paint them red, yellow, and green. The spot for them, I think, will be on my big shelf above the chairs. Also this is my toaster cover that I made one night, that Jade fixed as best he could, but still isn't right, but will have to do. I have put a coat of green on it, and one of the small bowls


Also I had some asparagus that was in need of pickling, and so I did that also. Asparagus, I've found, is very resilient. Who knew

This was the cutest little planter ever. I found it at Wal-mart and had to buy it, not even on sale. I will plant some flowers in it sometime, but for now, it sits on my counter, in my way at every turn.

Tomorrow I head back up the mountain for 5 days, I think. I also get to be by myself tomorrow night, as all the rooms that are booked are with a big group, and they aren't eating at the lodge. So hopefully I won't get slammed, as I have only cooked 4 things on this new menu.
I know summer is on it's way, because 1 of the 2 bleeding hearts I planted last summer has come up nice and strong. I'm so very excited about that, as I was still thinking that I'd never be able to plant anything cool in my front plots. These plants are between birdhouses and I wanted a shrubby something or other to grow up and conceal most of the pole. So, the year before last I planted a bleeding heart, and Jade kept tearing it apart with the hose. It never came back last year. So I put new top soil down and planted 2 more, but alas, only the 1 came up, so far anyways. I think Jade tried killing the new one closest to the sidewalk with the hose again. In theory 1 bleeding heart should be enough to cover the spot, as they do get big over the years, but 2 would've been AWESOME! Oh well, I'm extremely happy to have the one that came back!

3 comments:

  1. I like your bowls and your toaster cover. My toaster cover isn't quite right either but it does the job and is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY toaster cover isn't right either! LOL but it also does the job well...and I really like it. Who knew? I like having it covered up.
    The asparagus looks so good in the bottles!
    I am busy getting ready for camp which is next week. We will have a good time, but I will be glad to have it behind me. (nothing like wish my life away huh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my first girls camp experience was with you down there in OOOTAH! I loved it, course I wasn't quite 12 yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete