Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trace Adkins



So, Jade came home from work today, with the biggest awesome news....He won Trace Adkins tickets. Now I watched him on the Celebrity Apprentice 2 years ago, and really liked him. Thought he was a stand up guy, so this is very exciting to get to go. However, I called Gus (the new kitchen manager/chef) to see if I could switch my days, and he said "nope, no can do sorry, I can't schedule around your social life" Now, this is totally understandable, but I quit nonetheless. Instantly, I felt this great sense of relief. WOW! Who knew. He hasn't been the best boss, or kitchen manager I've ever been around, but even after a month I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I even offered to do all I could, so he could have the evening of the 4th of July off.....to goto a concert no less, even after all his talk about splitting up the shifts so he does as little as he has to do, and makes one of us "peons" clean up after him, and do ALL his prep. Plus, I don't think he wanted to work around my schedule, as I never had a set schedule, with 2 or 3 days off in a row. Oh well. Dave, the owner, and really technically my boss, will be mad at the whole sit. and will call whenever he finds out, chew me out I'm sure. Thats what I'm dreading. Last time I quit I gave 2 weeks, thats the nice thing, but if I do that, I'll miss this concert, and who doesn't enjoy a free concert, by someone they like?
So I am looking once again, for a job. No big deal really just as long as I can find one before thanksgiving we'll be fine.

2 comments:

  1. Why Thanksgiving? Love the anniversary pics! Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because Jade goes on unemployment around thanksgiving.....

    ReplyDelete