Friday, May 22, 2009

MY HUSBAND ROCKS FRIDAY!



Well as promised I am posting MY HUSBAND ROCKS! Friday.
Those of you who know us already know about my kitchen re-do, but here's the skinny anyways.
I have been waiting to re-do my kitchen for some years...as I know now that we will be staying for who knows how long in this house, it was time! So we sold our camper (which we didn't use all that much anyways) and I used the money to buy cabinets. Now they really were a good deal, but there has been some issues. First of all, the cabinets had to be assembled. Sounds easy enough, right? Well they didn't come with instructions, and some of the boards were warped, hinges broke, faces a little damaged. Have no fear, the company we bought the cabinets from were a dream to work with, they exchanged hinges, and gave us stain to do touch-ups. The assembly of the first cabinet was the very worst. After that, he said, not a problem. Now before this, I wanted the stove and fridge moved, so he had to re-wire the stove, hood vent, new outlets, light switches, and also plumb a new water line for the ice maker in the fridge. Also I wanted to put the microwave in the cabinets so he will have to wire that as well. He then measured and hung all the upper cabinets by himself as I was working in Island Park that weekend. He said it would be better to do if I was gone! WHAT? LOL! Measurements said our kitchen was 10 feet wide, but oh no, it was 9 and like 3/4..but Jade made them fit by slightly moving the cabinet forward. I know it's like that, but many who've seen it can't tell. Jade still has two cabinets yet to be hung, which I'm sure he'll do this weekend since I'll be working, then he will finish my countertops. Yes thats right he has made butcherblock countertops! After that, well, we found a pretty good deal on some wood floor, same wood that the countertops are made out of actually. But that will have to come later as the budget right now doesn't allow for it. In the end, our cabinets cost us $1,300 dollars, which I have found to be extremely inexpensive. If I didn't have a husband who is inclined the way he is, it would have cost AT LEAST 3 times that amount, and look how good they look! My before picture isn't the real before picture, as I had forgotten to take a picture, but it's close enough.
To my wonderfull husband who does things for me because he loves me (like this kitchen), I love you very much!
Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well will you give me a hint because I cant go up there with landon my dad said I dont know y but is it some thing for my bike see you l8er

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. YOur kitchen looks incredible. Love it! I gotta hand it to your hubby..sounds like a very handy guy to have around! Sure is nice to have someone support you during insane projects like this, huh? Thanks for letting me know you posted!! {Sorry I'm a little late...}

    ReplyDelete