Monday, May 18, 2009




We went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming yesterday on our bike. What my old, fat butt realized after that trip, is that we need a more comfortable bike to take on trips, so we are selling ours, to get a "touring" bike. Went went for breakfast at Jedediahs House of Sourdough. The log cabin itself has been placed on the national historic register, as it was built in 1910. The sourdough start they use, and sell, dates back to the 1870's. Jades mom has been talking about this place, and even brought me back a start, so it was time to saddle up and see for myself. I had my usual breakfast of 2 eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns, but at jedediahs you get to choose from biscuits and gravy (which is what I got), sourjacks(which is what jade got), toast, and I'm sure there was something else. My breakfast was okay, but the biscuits and gravy were really quite good, and I didn't like the sourjacks at all. After we ate, we wandered around and found a chili cookoff, but we didn't partake as we were stuffed completely from breakfast. We did however, see signs for a Mountain Man Rendevouz, and traders row, so we went in search. I think there was a total of 10 on traders row, hawking about the same stuff, and no one "camping" ....one in a great big motorhome not welcome inside. I bought some beads, I had been wanting some anyways, and they were so cheap to buy there, that I did. I should have taken a picture of the row, but I didn't. Just a picture at the top of Jackson pass, and yes, that is still a TON of snow, and one of Jade. I hope LBC liked the pictures of his bike.

1 comment:

  1. Is that your new coat? What a fun day to just pick up and go. I'm so glad I don't live on the top of the pass! :-) LBC is almost dying here to get his bike....but he still has a couple of weeks of school that may ...(or may not...) go faster if he has no bike....lol they are making sounds of this week end to go get it... I'll let you know. What is the finial price? with all the parts and stuffs? ♥

    ReplyDelete