Monday, May 11, 2009


Happy belated Mothers Day to all the moms out there. I was working this weekend, but when I got home last night most of my kitchen cabinets were in, and they looked awesome. I'll post a picture when I can find a cable, or get my good camera to work.
One of my favorite pastimes in the spring is to drive out to the country and walk the ditch banks looking for asparagus. I can walk for hours picking. I just love doing that. I picked a little bit in Rigby last week, in the gale force wind, and still loved it. But now is the time up north here, and today it is already 68 outside, which makes for pleasant picking. I love asparagus anyway I can get it, but Jade just likes it pickled. I now have to get myself a camp chef because I have a brand new ceramic glass top stove, which I cannot can on. I am looking forward to pickling a ton of asparagus this year, and selling some up in I.P. this winter.

2 comments:

  1. We had our first pick on Sat. night. Ooooo yummy! It was just bob gar and I and we pigged it down. We are going to go out looking later this afternoon on a few different roads....My guys are also fans of your jars full of pickled asparagus. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete