Friday, January 29, 2010

PAINT!

I have been procrastinating finishing my kitchen for almost a whole year. How bad is that?! Anyways, I was watching HGTV the other day, and got the bug. So I have finished texturing and patching, and the next step is of course, the paint. So off to the Wal-Mart for paint.
A little background: about 8 years ago, right after we bought the house, Jade and I went shopping for curtains. Sounds so mundane and easy, right? Not at all! I had the biggest anxiety attack in Fred Meyers.....they have to be the right curtains cuz they'll be in the house forever type of thing. There I was, poor me, sitting on a futon, crying about curtains. 8 years later though, I still LOVE those curtains. Well, I have learned from that experience, and paint, is just paint after all. I bought 3 little quarts, just to try out. I am going to try for that venetian type of thing, cuz I wanted my kitchen to be old world, and NOTHING, and I mean nothing else in my kitchen looks old world, sigh......I just have the first coat on, in a small area (just in case I hate it the most), and I hate it the most. It's just to dark, I think.

I haven't added any other colors yet, and I will do that later on, but I am sure I won't like it. Also, I still haven't bought my trim color either, as I wasn't hundred percent what color I actually wanted. I have to constantly tell myself that it's just paint! I bought the red you see on my wall, just cuz I liked the color, with no plans to do anything with it. Jade was off sledding, and I got bored and painted that whole big long wall. No planning, nothing, and I love it. The one good thing about this whole painting the kitchen thing is that, I hardly have any wall in there now. And whenever the backsplash gets put on there will be even less. Waawhoo!

1 comment:

  1. Love your header picture!
    And I know, even tho paint is just paint.....it's still work and if you don't like it you have to re-do it!
    I have got to get going on the office, but can't decide if I should paint the new book case the color of the trim, or the color of the wall....
    Enjoy your week-end.

    ReplyDelete